Who We Are
Since 1975, American Box Company has been helping businesses in the KC Metro area and beyond get the packaging they need, when they need it. We are a team of problem-solvers and collaborators, who love getting the job done and doing it well. And we are looking for talented, motivated team-members who want to grow and discover new possibilities right along with us.
Are you a dedicated team player and problem solver with a strong work ethic? Do you have experience working in maintenance in a manufacturing facility and are looking to advance your career? We are looking for a thorough Maintenance Technician who will take responsibility for completing work orders and other required tasks in order to upkeep good condition and functionality of equipment. This position is considered a multi-craft maintenance position with a strong electrical mechanical emphasis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Effective diagnosis and repair of the plant equipment.
- PLC Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability with practical, mechanical drawings.
- Ensure that the condition of the equipment is being maintained to OEM standards through effective PM’s
- Participation in planned machine PM’s including machine lubrication, gap measurement and setting, wear component replacement
- Work closely with the machine crews to understand their issues and eliminate them to decrease unscheduled stops.
- Actively participate in the sharing of knowledge with crews and other techs and continually seeking to improve self-knowledge.
- Desire and willingness to have full operating knowledge of all machines.
- Craftsmanship that reflects quality and pride
- Sense of urgency that demonstrates desire to be part of the winning team.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Industrial Electrical Knowledge
- Operational knowledge industrial machinery including motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, electronic controls, and power transmission systems.
- Provide own tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks.
- 3 years Maintenance experience within a manufacturing facility
- Experience trouble shooting industrial electrical control systems
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry. Familiar with the flexo die cutter machines, rotary die cutter machines and folder gluer
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in a dusty hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Carry or lift 25-50 pounds
- Position does require overtime
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance