Who We Are
Since 1975, American Box Company has been helping businesses in the KC Metro area and beyond get the packaging they need, when they need it. We are a team of problem-solvers and collaborators, who love getting the job done and doing it well. And we are looking for talented, motivated team-members who want to grow and discover new possibilities right along with us.
Primary duties include safely performing a wide range of tasks that include stacking corrugated product, conducting quality checks, material set-up, and maintaining a clean and organized workspace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follow plant safety policies
- Operating equipment to ensure production of a quality product
- Examining products to ensure conformance to quality standards
- Troubleshoot and make any necessary adjustments to machinery
- Complete projects within the required timeframes
- Set up mount printing plates and set up ink units
- Reading factory tickets
- Accurately reading gauges and other test equipment
- Utilizing basic shop math, inspecting
- Accurately completing quality and administrative documents and following directions
- Organizing finished product
- Loading and unloading items from machines
- Clean-up functions such as blowing down the machine, wiping off shafts, cleaning ink systems, vacuuming and sweeping the machine area, as well as picking up and shredding scrap.
- Work around moving equipment
- Stand on concrete 10 to 12 hours/day
- Wearing all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times in the work area
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Math, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Familiar with the flexo die cutter machines, rotary die cutter machines and folder gluer
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in a dusty hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Carry or lift 25-50 pounds
- Position does require overtime
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
Thursday, Friday, Saturday Shift (paid for 40 hours)