Who We Are
Since 1975, American Box Company has been helping businesses in the KC Metro area and beyond get the packaging they need, when they need it. We are a team of problem-solvers and collaborators, who love getting the job done and doing it well. And we are looking for talented, motivated team-members who want to grow and discover new possibilities right along with us.
Are you a detail-oriented person with a love for creative problem solving? Can you easily visualize 2 dimensional drawings in 3 dimensional space? Are you looking to jumpstart a career in the corrugated industry? We are looking for a curious and passionate Junior CAD designer to join our design team. The Junior CAD Designer will provide final production drawings using ArtiosCAD software and assist with sample-making and spec creation. This is an entry level role with opportunities to learn and grow within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Setup specs in Amtech
- Develop structure designs using ArtiosCAD
- Proficiently use CAD table
- Order and inspect incoming tooling
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Ability to visualize two dimensional drawings into three dimensional designs
- Demonstrated high level of learning aptitude and strong attention to detail
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and meet strict deadlines
- Must become familiar with different corrugated packaging and display styles
- Requires strong communication skills and proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, and volumes.
- Must be able to read tape measurements
- Basic Computer usage and knowledge required.
- Basic knowledge and usage of Windows Office Suite required
- Possess a strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
- Attendance is an essential function of the role
- Associates degree in basic drafting or equivalent education and experience
- Experience using Encore/Amtech software preferred
- ARTIOS CAD or IMPACT CAD, SalesForce and CAPE software experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and talk and hear.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance